This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for alpinerecoverylodge.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website, except where stated otherwise. It will notify you of the following:
- What information we collect;
- With whom it is shared;
- How it can be corrected;
- How it is secured;
- How policy changes will be communicated; and
- How to address concerns over misuse of personal data.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g., to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We employ other companies and people to provide services to website visitors and patients, and on occasion, we may need to share your information in a HIPAA-compliant manner. In all cases where we share your information with such agents, we explicitly require the agent to acknowledge and adhere to our policies for Internet privacy and the handling of patient data.
Security of Your Personal Information
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We secure the personal information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When sensitive personal information is collected on our website and/or transmitted to another website, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Notification of Changes
Alpine Recovery Lodge is committed to and has implemented safeguards to ensure all of the information provided from patients are secure and are compliant with the regulations and conditions set forth in the Health Insurance Portability and Availability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). Alpine Recovery Lodge is committed to continuous improvement to ensure our products incorporate privacy and security measures. We have instituted policies and procedures to ensure data is kept confidential and secure. Alpine Recovery Lodge is required by law to maintain the privacy of protected health information for all patients.
HOW WE USE IT
To protect patient privacy, Alpine Recovery Lodge will follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If an incident requires Alpine Recovery Lodge to disclose an individual’s personal information, they will do so according to HIPAA complaint regulations.
All patients past and present have all rights to their documents and personal information upon request. All HIPAA regulations will be followed when providing documentation to the individual. Patient records will remain confidential. Employees shall only view or update patient records as deemed necessary to perform job functions. Alpine Recovery Lodge and its employees shall strictly abide by the requirements governing confidentiality of Alcohol and Drug Patient Records as described in 42 CFR Part 2 and HIPAA. Personnel records will remain confidential. Access to personnel records shall be limited to the manager, the employee’s direct supervisor, and the employee.
PROCEDURE FOR CONFIDENTIALITY
- All employees shall be trained regarding the requirements governing confidentiality of Alcohol and Drug Patient Records as described in 42 CFR Part 2.
- It is Alpine Recovery’s policy to be compliant with HIPAA standards of patient privacy regarding patient information, documented or spoken. Staff not compliant with HIPAA standards can be subject to immediate termination.
- Patient charts will only be accessed by staff with have a “Need to Know” basis for patient information. That is, only staff members who are involved with a patient’s care have a right to look at the patient chart. This includes all clinical team members. Any staff that engages in unauthorized access or disclosure of patient information will be subject to disciplinary action. Any staff that engages in the intentional destruction of a chart will be subject to immediate termination.
- It is Alpine Recovery’s policy to keep patient charts and health information intact. Patient’s charts are kept in a digital CRM system. Only Governance board members can remove patient charts. Any patient chart that in part or in whole suffers loss, damage, unauthorized alteration, unintentional change, or accidental destruction will be reconstructed from available information. It is the duty of all staff to prevent any of such damage to any patient chart.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Alpine Recovery Lodge will provide a copy of the organization’s Policy and Procedures Manual.