The first step to treating addiction is admitting that you have a problem and getting ready to check into a rehab center.
The second step is figuring out which alcohol or drug rehab center in Utah you’ll go to, exactly. Drug rehab can be a serious investment of both time and money, so it’s important that you find a facility that is truly able to give you the help you need.
Look no further – the following 10 rehab centers stand out as the best in the state:
1. Pathways Real Life Recovery
Located in Sandy, Pathways Real Life Recovery strives to develop treatment programs that are specifically designed to meet the needs of each unique client. Their system is based on an intensive in-home treatment program that focuses on life principles that will help you heal.
Pathways is committed not just to your individual treatment, but to the treatment of your family as a whole. Their goal is to help you work on areas of weakness, support your strengths, and give you the tools you need to recover from your addiction successfully.
Some of the services offered by Pathway include:
- Art and Music Therapy
- Solution-Focused Therapy
- Grief and Trauma Counseling
- Strength-based services
Alpine Recovery Lodge features a team of leading addiction specialists and a top-of-the-line facility nestled on the slopes of the Wasatch Range in Alpine, Utah.
This facility is nationally recognized as one of the premier treatment centers for alcoholism and drug dependency.
From interventions to dual diagnoses to comprehensive additions treatment, Alpine Recovery Lodge is designed to offer support from moment one, in an intimate setting that facilitates the development of skills that make recovery and sobriety successful in the long-term.
Alpine Recovery Lodge quick facts:
- The average stay is 60 days.
- Meals are made by a highly experienced in-house chef.
- Therapy consists of three group sessions every weekday, combined with individual and family counseling.
3. Wasatch Crest Recovery
Wasatch Crest Recovery has a beautiful campus in the Rocky Mountains that helps both individuals and families return to healthy living and functioning.
The programs offered by Wasatch Crest Recovery are focused on helping people regain control over their lives. This is done in the context of a slow-paced, low-pressure facility that fosters the skills and the confidence people in recovery need to continue to progress once they’re back in the throes of everyday life.
What helps residents at Wasatch Crest Recovery make positive strides toward healthy living is the fact that many of the staff members have been in the same position and are recovering addicts themselves.
Consider these features as some of the strengths of Wasatch Crest Recovery:.
- There are 30, 60, and 90-day inpatient treatment programs.
- The facility accepts Aetna, BlueCross BlueShield, Cigna, United Healthcare, and most other major insurance providers.
- Staffers are willing to work with religious leaders and provide transportation to religious services.
4. Compass Rehabilitation Center
Amenities abound at this South Jordan-based rehab center that seeks to make recovery as comfortable as possible.
A team of dedicated nurses oversees Compass’ residents 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition to these comprehensive medical services, Compass Rehabilitation Center provides opportunities for residents to learn in the on-site library, participate in recreational activities, and relax in beautiful indoor and outdoor spaces.
Other amenities include a state-of-the-art gym, occupational, physical, and speech therapy facilities, and even a private dining room for residents to spend special occasions with family.
Compass Rehabilitation Center also offers:.
- 32 rooms, each equipped with Wi-Fi and a 42” flat screen TV.
- A registered dietitian and house physician to manage each patient’s personalized diet.
- A 24-hour nursing staff that works with physicians to design individual care plans and provides IV therapy, wound care, and pain management.
5. Zion Recovery Center
There’s a focus on physical fitness at Zion Recovery Center, where clients often exercise and have opportunities to hike, swim, bike, and snowboard.
Zion Recovery Center also has a faith-focused mode of treatment that combines evidence-based therapeutic techniques with the teachings of the gospel.
Their programs are wide-ranging, especially for a smaller facility. No matter if you or a loved one has struggled with alcohol, illicit drugs, prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs, or even steroids, Zion Recovery Center has the programs to help make recovery a possibility.
Zion Recovery Center offers the following features:
- Small group sizes – never more than 5 members for inpatient treatment and 10 members for outpatient treatment. Smaller groups generally provide more effective treatment than larger groups, as each individual can receive more attention.
- Zion Recovery Center offers a lifetime guarantee that allows clients to return at no additional charge, on the condition that they completed their original program in its entirety.
- Aftercare programs involve new treatment plans, study materials, and creating specific goals based on the client’s personal needs.
Chateau Recovery is located in the resort town of Midway, Utah, and offers flexible, safe, and hope-filled programs that treat the whole self.
What sets Chateau Recovery apart from many other recovery facilities is that they don’t provide prescribed recovery programs. Instead, they work with you to develop a personalized program of success that helps you build a pathway to a healthier, independent lifestyle.
Additionally, Chateau Recovery believes in a multi-modal, balanced approach that helps you develop the skills needed to be successful in life after rehab.
Here are a few highlights of Chateau Recovery’s programs:
- With highly personalized treatments, there’s no rigid program structure or strict adherence to the 12-step process.
- While treatments vary from patient to patient, key concepts include mindfulness, social support, and proactive problem-solving.
- Clients receive three sessions per week with Masters-level clinicians and 18 hours a week of psychoeducation and group therapy.
If staying at a facility isn’t a realistic option for you, consider Pomarri. They focus on outpatient services, including detox programs for people that are dependent upon heroin, methamphetamines, alcohol, and a variety of other substances.
Pomarri also offers a day treatment program that focuses on relapse prevention, life skills, recognizing triggers, coping with thought distortions, and more.
With a dedicated team of highly trained professionals, Pomarri is one of the top choices for rehab in Utah.
Here’s a quick overview of just some of the features of Pomarri:
- There are court classes on topics ranging from underage drinking to domestic violence, with prices ranging from $40 to $200.
- Regular outpatient treatment sessions are held Monday through Friday from 11:00 AM to 3:30 PM.
- Pomarri is equipped to treat pregnant women who are struggling with substance abuse.
8. Steps Recovery Center
Steps Recovery Center certainly believes in the healing power of exercise – all sorts of activities are available here, from tai chi to snowboarding to capture the flag.
These recreational forms of therapy are ideal for treating alcohol and drug addictions because they help you become an active participant in your recovery.
But the programs at Steps Recovery Center aren’t just focused on your immediate recovery from addiction. Instead, they seek to help you determine the best path toward long-term sobriety.
Steps Recovery Center features:
- Facilities in Payson, St. George, Draper, and Orem.
- 12-step recovery programs that help guide you on your path to healthier living.
- Certification by the Joint Commission National Quality Association.
9. Phoenix Recovery Center
Phoenix Recovery and Counseling Centers, one of the fastest growing companies in America, provides Utah with some of the state’s top rehab centers.
Their wide-range of addiction recovery programs include day treatment, intensive outpatient treatment, and residential treatment as well. No matter which phase of the program you’re in, Phoenix Recovery Center ensures that you have the support you need throughout your recovery such that you are empowered to continue on a positive path.
Furthermore, Phoenix Recovery Center works with each individual and his or her family to develop a customized treatment program. Other highlights of Phoenix Recovery Center are as follows:
- Facilities in Draper, Riverdale, St. George, Orem, and South Jordan.
- Their mission statement says it all: “Empowering individuals and families suffering from addiction, to celebrate life through lasting solutions.”
- In-network with Select Health, U of U Health Plans, and is the only in-network provider for Humana in the State of Utah.
10. Odyssey House
Founded in 1971, few – if any – rehab centers in the country have a better track record for successfully treating addiction than Odyssey House.
They have specialized addiction treatment programs for teens, adults, and parents using evidence-based treatment programs and therapies. That includes addictions services, counseling, and medical services for well-rounded treatment.
Odyssey House offers the following:
- The adult outpatient program involves group therapy sessions held twice a week for 16 weeks. These sessions are held in the evenings to make it easy on everyone’s schedules. The intensive outpatient program involves 16 hours of group therapy and one session of individual counseling per week.
- The teen inpatient program offers a wealth of therapeutic services, including Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, attachment therapy, and more.
- In-network for SelectHealth, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Cigna, and accepts many other insurance providers as well.
If you have any questions about choosing the best rehab center in Utah for you, feel free to contact us and ask.