Amphetamines are drugs that stimulate the central nervous system (CNS). Doctors often prescribe them to manage health problems like attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), narcolepsy, and in some cases, extreme obesity. Amphetamines boost brain activity to support alertness, attention, energy, and confidence. While amphetamines can be therapeutic for those who need additional support, they can also cause a range of dangerous or even life-threatening side effects if misused.
Alpine Recovery Lodge offers safe, effective amphetamine addiction treatment as part of our substance use disorder program.
What is an Amphetamine Addiction?
Chronic amphetamine use can lead to tolerance, dependence, or both. Over time, people with an amphetamine addiction need to take increasingly larger doses to experience the drug’s desired effects on the mind and body.
Amphetamine Addiction Signs and Symptoms
Here are common warning signs of amphetamine addiction:
- Consistently taking higher or more frequent doses than needed or intended
- Inability to control or limit stimulant use
- Preoccupation with obtaining, using, and recovering from stimulant use
- Regular cravings or intense urge to use stimulants
- Failing to fulfill home, work, or school obligations
- Giving up relationships or recreational activities in favor of stimulant use
- Continuing amphetamine use despite the psychological or physical problems
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you stop using the drug
A person with an amphetamine addiction may also experience the following effects:
- Memory loss, confusion, and difficulty concentrating
- Anger or aggressive behavior
- Depression and physical exhaustion
- Panic attacks
- Thoughts of suicide
- Schizophrenia-like psychosis (e.g., paranoia, hallucinations, picking at the skin)
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat
- Appetite loss
- Skin sores and tooth decay
Amphetamine Addiction Treatment Overview
Alpine Recovery Lodge uses the latest research-based treatment techniques to help those struggling with addiction regain their freedom and rebuild their lives. We collaborate with our residents, encouraging them to take an active role in their recovery journey. Our rehabilitation services include:
- A medically supervised detox program
- Inpatient care for 30-90 days (based on your unique needs)
- Ongoing aftercare and support
Chronic misuse of amphetamines alters the brain’s structure and makes treating the addiction challenging. We’ve developed a leading-edge program to address the varying components of substance use disorders, like co-occurring mental health issues, and use evidence-based therapies to help our residents overcome them.
Types of Treatment Options
We tailor our treatments to meet the unique needs of our residents. Before beginning treatment, residents undergo a comprehensive evaluation process that helps us design highly individualized treatment plans. This evaluation addresses specific concerns about a person’s substance use disorder, mental and physical health, and urgent medical issues.
We offer a full range of services to help people overcome substance use disorder and learn how to effectively manage their mental health disorder. If you’re ready to take the first step toward long-lasting recovery in an intimate and compassionate environment, call Alpine Recovery Lodge at 801-901-8757.